Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice meal for when you are craving buffalo wings. The celery is definitely optional. This isn't super healthy, but I usually help it out by using WW pasta, Olive Oil (or bake the chicken), Olive Oil Mayo, and skim milk. Also feel free to sub Ranch dressing for the Blue Cheese. Definitely serve it with a big salad!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 large red onion, sliced into quarter rings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare chicken with spices and cook in oil.
- When chicken is about 1/2 cook through, add the onion, celery, and saute until chicken is fully cooked.
- Now add the hot sauce and saute with chicken for about 2 minutes.
- Combine mayo, dressing, and milk in medium bowl. Add to skillet and heat through and stir to combine.
- Toss with pasta.
My husband and boys loved this pasta. I, unfortunately, only got a couple of bites before they scarfed it up. This was very quick to make and will be a great recipe to keep in mind when time is short. I used light mayo to decrease the fat a little, and I don't think the flavor was compromised at all (and I am not a huge fan of anything "light"). Thanks for posting Briangmu!
Sooo good that I've made this four or five times and the entire family enjoys it.
This is AMAZING! I am now completely obssesed with this dish. I made it last night for a family dinner and it was a HUGE success. Everyone loved it. I left out the celery & onions (picky kids) and replaced the blue cheese dressing with Ranch. But it was delicious! Will definitely be adding into the dinner rotation! Thanks a ton!