Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I never made this, but it surely intrigues me. Adapted from Linda Larsen, About.com.
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, white or 1 cup wheat
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing hot sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray or Frank's)
- 1⁄3 cup creamy bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 lbs ground chicken, white and dark meat
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a slotted oven broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add celery; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup hot sauce, salad dressing, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and blue cheese; mix well. Add vegetables and mix well. Add ground chicken and mix gently but thoroughly with your hands until combined. Do not over mix.
- Form into a large meatloaf on the prepared pan. In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons hot sauce, ketchup and honey; blend well and brush over meatloaf. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with baked macaroni or mashed potatoes.