9 hrs 20 mins
"How would you like to come home from a long day at work and be greeted to a crock pot filled with warm, spicy buffalo chicken meatballs?" - Lauren Keating, crock-pot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, peeled & minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (a buffalo style sauce like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 cup hot sauce (a buffalo style sauce like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 bread (sub rolls or large hot dog buns)
- 1Heat oven to 450. Coat bottom of a baking dish with oil.
- 2In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, carrot, celery, egg, and 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce; mix until just incorporated. Firmly roll the mixture into 12 balls, about 2 inches each; place in prepared dish.
- 3Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- 4Transfer meatballs to slow cooker. Pour remaining 1 cup buffalo sauce on top. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- 5Keep warm until ready to eat.
- 6Combine the blue cheese and yogurt in a small dish. Use the back of a spoon to mash it into a smooth paste. To serve, spread cut rolls with blue cheese spread. Top with meatballs. Spoon on additional sauce from bottom of slow cooker, as desired.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 2056.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: