Cook1 hr 30 mins
Grand Prize Winner from Taste of Home's Ultimate Potluck Recipe Contest (by Melissa Millwood). Made this for dinner last night and was skeptical, but it was delicious. A little spicy for kids (used Frank's Red Hot) but very well received by the adults. Didn't have any ground chicken so used shredded leftover turkey breast and would do so again! Also used 28 ounce can of ground tomatoes instead of 14 ounce diced and would do so again! Might yet experiment with cream cheese. Had neither fresh parsley nor Italian seasoning on hand and enjoyed it without.
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 680.38 g ground chicken or 680.38 g leftover turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 340.19 g buffalo wing sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 7.39 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, oven ready
- 425.24 g ricotta cheese
- 414.03 ml crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 118.29 ml fresh minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 709.77 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven and saute the garlic, onion, celery and carrot until softened.
- Stir in the shredded turkey breast (or set the veggies aside and cook the ground chicken then return the veggies).
- Add in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta, egg, parsley and half of the crumbled blue cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread 1.5 cups of sauce in the bottom of a deep 13x9. Layer with noodles, sauce, ricotta mixture, mozzarella, cheddar and blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has browned. let stand for 10 minutes before serving.