Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My oldest son loves anything with buffalo chicken and this recipe was no disappointment. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 4 bread rounds (flatbread rounds)
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced on a bias
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 T olive oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and ground black pepper, and add them to the preheated skillet.
- Saute until cooked through and golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the skillet to melt.
- Add the hot sauce and cook, stirring occasionlly, until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken, 2-3 minutes (be careful not to take a deep breath over the pan or the hot sauce fumes could burn your sinuses!).
- When the chicken is ready, place the flatbread rounds on a baking sheet and divide the chicken equally between all four rounds.
- Scatter the celery over the chicken and top each round with some shredded cheese and blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake until the bread is crisped and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
These really satisfy when you're in a "hot wing" mood! I omitted the celery (I thought it was in the refrigerator, but I couldn't find it), but followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Mine turned out salty - I don't know if it was because I used salted butter or if I over-salted my chicken before I fried it in the olive oil - but next time I would not salt the chicken first. I used x-large flatbread rounds for larger pizza slices. This was fun & easy - thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Photo Tag!