Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here are some buffalo chicken fingers to go with blue cheese or ranch.
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, mild, hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, mild
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place racks in top and bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg whites and Tabasco sauce.
- In a shallow dish, stir together breadcrumbs, chili powder, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 to 5 strips; cut each strip crosswise into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Dip each strip in the buttermilk mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture; set on a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Brush two baking sheets with 1 Tbs oil each.
- Place one on the top rack and one on the bottom rack of the oven to preheat for 3 minutes.
- Remove one sheet from the oven at a time and arrange the chicken strips in a single layer.
- Return to the oven and bake about 4 minutes, or until golden on the bottom.
- Turn the fingers over, switching the position of the pans.
- Bake about 3 minutes longer, or until golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese dip.