Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here are some buffalo chicken fingers to go with blue cheese or ranch.
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, mild, hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, mild
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place racks in top and bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg whites and Tabasco sauce.
- In a shallow dish, stir together breadcrumbs, chili powder, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 to 5 strips; cut each strip crosswise into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Dip each strip in the buttermilk mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture; set on a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Brush two baking sheets with 1 Tbs oil each.
- Place one on the top rack and one on the bottom rack of the oven to preheat for 3 minutes.
- Remove one sheet from the oven at a time and arrange the chicken strips in a single layer.
- Return to the oven and bake about 4 minutes, or until golden on the bottom.
- Turn the fingers over, switching the position of the pans.
- Bake about 3 minutes longer, or until golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese dip.