Here are some buffalo chicken fingers to go with blue cheese or ranch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/4 cups dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, mild, hot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, mild
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Place racks in top and bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg whites and Tabasco sauce.
- 3In a shallow dish, stir together breadcrumbs, chili powder, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- 4Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 to 5 strips; cut each strip crosswise into 2 to 3 pieces.
- 5Dip each strip in the buttermilk mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture; set on a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- 6Brush two baking sheets with 1 Tbs oil each.
- 7Place one on the top rack and one on the bottom rack of the oven to preheat for 3 minutes.
- 8Remove one sheet from the oven at a time and arrange the chicken strips in a single layer.
- 9Return to the oven and bake about 4 minutes, or until golden on the bottom.
- 10Turn the fingers over, switching the position of the pans.
- 11Bake about 3 minutes longer, or until golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- 12Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 529.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: