Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a fun little appetizer or snack from Rachael Ray
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Filled Tortilla Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded apart
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 12 tortilla chips, scoops variety
- Place a small sauce pot over low heat, add hot sauce. Whisk in the butter until melted (the sauce will have an orange color).
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the pulled chicken with the hot sauce mixture and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, mix the sour cream and blue cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the cups, place a spoonful of the buffalo chicken mixture in a tortilla cup and put a little dollop of the blue cheese sour cream on top. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Such an easy little appetiser...and so delicious too!
I used Louisiana Hot Sauce ( all I had)...and although it was on the fiery side, we enjoyed it..I did, however, have to warn others...and those I didn't get to in time....well, it was fun to see their reactions!!
Like other reviewers...I too found it a little salty...possibly due to the doritos ( I used the 'Burn' variety, my kids love them!), and the fact that the blue cheese I used was full on, and quite salty too....I definitely wouldn't add any extra salt to this!
Nevertheless...these went down well at the party that I took them to..even being complimented by an American couple there...who I noticed kept going back for more!!
Thanks Shelby Jo...I'll be doing this again!
Made for PRMR.
Very easy and very good! I didn't do the individual chips b/c I had to feed a huge crowd but this combo worked great for a big platter of nachos. I also used unsalted butter, like TeresaS, to cut down on the possible saltiness and loaded up on the hot sauce (I like it spicy). The blue cheese-sour cream dressing was a big hit with my nacho noshers. I bought a block of blue cheese (rather than the store bought dressing) and mixed it with the sour cream. Very good. I used the leftover chicken and sour cream sauce the next day on a baked potato.
This are darn good. I made as posted with the sour cream and blue cheese. The only problem I found was that it was on the salty side and I only used a dash of salt and pepper. I would suggest that you use unsalted butter. I didn't. I'm pretty sure the scoops have a lot of salt in them because I used them in another recipe it was also really salty. Just a heads up. We found the heat perfect for our taste buds. But we do like it hot. Thanks for posting. :)