Recipe by Barb Witherspoon
I got this Buffalo chicken dip recipe from a respiratory therapist at the hospital where I work. He brought it to a party and everyone asked for the recipe. I appreciate all the reviews that have been written about this recipe since I posted it so long ago. I see more and more that people are making it with freshly cooked chicken - great idea. I also like the idea of using rotisserie chicken. The original recipe used canned chicken for convenience, but I agree with all of you that the fresher meat tastes better. Barb P.S. Thank you to everyone who has reviewed this recipe. I love it, too, and it makes me feel so good that so many of you have enjoyed it. Thanks again.
Top Review by esnotary
This is a great recipe, but I modified it to add a bit more "crunch". I bought a whole chicken and shredded it, than simmered it over low heat with a bottle of Franks Hot Wing Sauce. I melted 16oz of cream cheese and 1cup of bleu cheese dressing (Bobs - it's the best!) in a saucepan over low heat. I layer the chicken&sauce mixture on the bottom of the dish, top that with the melted cream cheese/bleu cheese dressing mixture and then top that with diced celery! I top that with a layer of shredded colby jack cheese and and a few bleu cheese crumbles. Bake at 350 until bubbley. Serve with celery sticks, chips, bread, whatever! There are NEVER any leftovers! Enjoy
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup red hot sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained (or equivalent rotisserie or freshly-cooked, chopped chicken)
- shredded cheddar cheese, you decide how much
- Frito corn chip, scoops
- Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and red hot sauce.
- Fold in shredded chicken.
- Spread mixture into pie plate sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese to top.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Frito scoops.