Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple but delicious recipe I've modified from an original by Lauren Wanner. I like it's simplicity of ingredients and the great taste. It's a common request for parties. Alternatives: - I've tried using meat from a whole chicken. The dark meat makes the dish a little more moist but the time to clean the chicken negated any savings by not using chicken breast.
- 16 ounces chicken
- 6 ounces frank's brand hot sauce
- 6 ounces softened light cream cheese
- 6 ounces ranch dressing or 6 ounces blue cheese dressing
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- cut chicken into pieces so it's easy to shred later.
- Cook chicken in water, bring to boil, cover and simmer 6-7 minutes, until done and easy to shred.
- Cool the chicken, and then shed it with a fork. I've also shredded it by twisting a potatoe masher for a large batch.
- Place all the incredients excelpt a portion of the shredded cheese, perhaps half, in a bowl and blend. Can use a mixer if you like.
- Place the dip in an oven proof pan. top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes (the cheese will melt, the center should be hot).
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips. The scoops work well.
- You can easily freeze and reheat for later parties. Reheating can take 30 minutes from thawed at 350 degrees.