Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mike gave me this recipe. It was wonderful so I would like to share his recipe with you. Mike works in sales but he is a retired Army Vet and an undertaker. Wow what a combination!!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded cheese (fancy Fiesta cheese preferred)
- Cook chicken in butter until done.
- Shred chicken into small bits.
- Add the buffalo sauce. Add more if you want.
- Warm the cream cheese until pliable.
- Fold in chicken with sauce into cream cheese.
- Pour into a pan to bake,.
- Cover with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 until the shredded cheese is melted.
- Best when enjoyed with your friends.
This was great! I made it twice. The first time w/ chicken breasts, as written. The second time I used two large cans of chicken (from Costco). Both ways were good. I halved the recipe because it makes a lot. I also added very finely chopped celery (when I sauteed the chicken I added it in at the end to soften a bit. When I used the canned chicken I just threw it in the mix). Yum!
I have a similar recipe that uses NO butter: 2 cans of white chicken breast meat 2 blocks red. fat cream cheese 1 cup light or FF ranch 2-4 stalks celery, chopped up to 1 reg. bottle of Frank's Red Hot Bake at 350 for 20 min. Top with shredded red. fat cheddar cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips and/or celery sticks. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very good! Served with tortilla chips (scoops). Offered tobasco sauce on the side for additional spice for people. Used Monteray Jack cheese. I would warn everyone that it must be kept warm or it gets very thick and hard to put on a chip.