Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I take this to all parties and everyone loves it. It is so simple and quick, a nice dish to make for unexpected company. Everyone one wants the recipe.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
- 3⁄4 cup texas pete or 3⁄4 cup your favorite hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups ranch dressing or 1 1⁄2 cups blue cheese dressing, we prefer ranch
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely diced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- In a sauce pan heat hot sauce, butter, and chicken together until hot.
- Spread this mixture into a medium size baking dish.
- In the same sauce pan mix cream cheese, celery, and ranch dressing over medium heat until combined and hot.
- Spread this mixture over the chicken mixture. Next top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Do not let cheese brown.
- Dip with scoopable tortilla chips! Yum Yum Yum.
This recipe rocks! The celery really makes it - we decided to use Ranch, as suggested, but next time we might try out the blue Cheese instead.
* * * Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008* * * As it says in step 6 of the directions............YUM, YUM, YUM!!! I had some people over for football today, and everyone raved about this dip. I omitted the celery, because, frankly, it didn't appeal to me in this recipe. I used ranch dressing and everything else the same. For my hot sauce, texas pete isn't available here, I used Louisiana Hot Sauce, and it was great. I can't wait for an excuse to make this again. Because, next time, I am going to top it with Monterey Jack cheese. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.