Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I found on Chowhound.com. It can be used to make another version of Ruby Tuesday's Buffalo Chicken Wontons(Posted as Buffalo (Chicken) Dip Wontons). This is a quote from the original poster on Chowhound: "This was incredibly good. I took it to a New Years Eve party and we just gobbled it! We think this might make a good pasta sauce, too. Either with a fettuccine or even put in lasagna (with some additions)."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 2 lbs
- chicken stock or broth
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottlefrank's hot sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1 (1/3 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix (SEE "NOTE")
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- "NOTE" --- the size of the pkg is a guess.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Poach the chicken breasts in chicken stock until just cooked through.
- Cool slightly and shred.
- In a 13x9 baking pan, combine the chicken and Frank's hot sauce, spreading to form an even layer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese, bleu cheese dressing and the Ranch dressing mix.
- Stir until hot and smooth.
- Pour this mixture evenly over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Then add the shredded cheese and bake uncovered for another 20 minutes or until bubbly. Do not over bake or the cheese topping will get browned and hardened!
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- NOTE: Serve with celery pieces (cut the celery cross-wise, not lengthwise or with any sturdy dipping chip like Tostitos Gold.
This is an instant hit. My family requests it at every gathering, and if I bring it to my friends, it is gone as soon as I walk in the door.