1/1 Photo of Buffalo Chicken Dip
Sweet Diva's Note:
Adapted from 30 Day Gourmet. This is a popular dip at our weekly football game gatherings across the street. When made with cheddar cheese per the original recipe, the fat from the cheese tends to "pool", giving the dip a less than appetizing greasy appearance, so I tried it with Velveeta and it still tastes great - and looks much better as well! I serve it warm from my "little dipper" crock pot or a fondue pot - or it also tastes great cooled and chilled as a spread for crackers and celery. Adjust the amount of hot sauce according to your heat tolerance!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat chicken and hot sauce over medium heat.
- 2Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Continue cooking and stirring, until the cream cheese is melted.
- 3Mix in the cheddar cheese (or Velveeta), heating and stirring until it is melted.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Freezing Directions:.
- 6Put dip in rigid container(s) or freezer bag(s) based on how you will serve it: single servings as a snack, or all of it in one container/bag for a group/family serving. Seal, label and freeze.
- 7Serving Directions:.
- 8Thaw dip in the refrigerator.
- 9Heat in the microwave until hot and bubbly.
- 10Serve with tortilla chips or Ritz crackers. OR for a group or party, put the warmed dip in a slow cooker on low to keep it warm.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Dip
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 411.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g