Adapted from 30 Day Gourmet. This is a popular dip at our weekly football game gatherings across the street. When made with cheddar cheese per the original recipe, the fat from the cheese tends to "pool", giving the dip a less than appetizing greasy appearance, so I tried it with Velveeta and it still tastes great - and looks much better as well! I serve it warm from my "little dipper" crock pot or a fondue pot - or it also tastes great cooled and chilled as a spread for crackers and celery. Adjust the amount of hot sauce according to your heat tolerance!
- Heat chicken and hot sauce over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Continue cooking and stirring, until the cream cheese is melted.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese (or Velveeta), heating and stirring until it is melted.
- Set aside to cool.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Put dip in rigid container(s) or freezer bag(s) based on how you will serve it: single servings as a snack, or all of it in one container/bag for a group/family serving. Seal, label and freeze.
- Serving Directions:.
- Thaw dip in the refrigerator.
- Heat in the microwave until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Ritz crackers. OR for a group or party, put the warmed dip in a slow cooker on low to keep it warm.
I scaled down the recipe to do it with only one chicken breast. I used homemade ranch dressing. This is so easy to do and it's so yummy. Thanks Sweet Diva :) Made for bargain basement tag game
I love this dip! I also add about a half a cup of blue cheese dressing. Makes it so very creamy and delicious!