Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Want the buffalo wing flavor without all the mess. There are 2 options here, both tasty. One easier than the other.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken, MUCH EASIER)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 wonton wrappers (or tortilla chip, scoops MUCH EASIER)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cayenne hot sauce (I recommend Frank's Red Hot )
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, and then sprinkle evenly with the smoked paprika and chili powder.
- Place in a baking dish and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove chicken and let cool, then shred.
- OR just shred some rotisserie chicken.
- Meanwhile, fit a wonton wrapper into each of 24 mini baking cups, pressing the wrappers carefully but firmly into sides of cups. (Be careful to keep the corners of each wonton wrapper open; otherwise you will not be able to fill them!).
- Bake for 5 minutes or until very lightly browned. Keep wontons in baking cups.
- OR just use Tortilla Scoops.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted butter and hot sauce.
- Add the chicken and stir until well coated.
- Fill each cup with a tablespoon or two of chicken, and then top with a pinch of blue cheese.
- Return wonton cups to oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is soft and melty.
- Remove and top with sliced scallions.
- Serve warm.