Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love every twist on Buffalo Chicken that I can find, and I love soups, so when I heard of one of my favorite restaurants selling Buffalo Chicken Chowder as their special I just had to try to make my own.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4-1 cup buffalo wing sauce, I suggest Frank's (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 1 lb)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
- crumbled blue cheese
- Sauté onions and celery in butter in a large pot until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat and stir in flour, cook for 1-2 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add milk, wing sauce, corn, chicken and cream cheese and bring to a simmer. Cook until cheese is melted and soup has thickened.
- Serve topped with bleu cheese crumbles.
Delicious!!! I added 2 carrots shredded and had more leftover chicken so I needed more broth and added a can of chicken broth! So yummy!!
This is a wonderful recipe! Love it!