Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was passed along to me through my gf by one of her co-workers. Not sure where it came from. The original recipe called for crock-pottage, but it's simple enough to do on the stovetop. Serve with warm tortillas and celery sticks. Crumbled bleu cheese makes a nice garnish as well.
- 2 skinless boneless, cooked and shredded chicken breast halves (about 1 or 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (about 7 oz. or so)
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (preferrably Frank's Red Hot, and more or less, according to taste)
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon mustard (preferrably not plain old yellow mustard)
- 2 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (1/2 tsp. if using fresh)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fry onion and garlic in the olive oil till the onions are softened.
- Mix in all other ingredients and simmer till cooked through.
- Garnish and serve.