This chili features the taste of buffalo wings in chili.
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank's)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 cups cooked white beans (cannelloni, great northern, pinto)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 lb blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Marinate chicken breasts in 3 T hot sauce overnight.
- Melt the butter in large skillet.
- Cut the chicken into half-inch cubes and dredge in the flour.
- Saute them in skillet until golden brown.
- Add celery and continue to simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup hot sauce to skillet mixture, mix well.
- Add beer to chicken mixture, mix well.
- Add beans and mayonnaise.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, partially covered, until chicken is done, about 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
HOT! lol. I knew this would be spicy with all that hot sauce and it sure was. The celery was a nice touch. There really isn't anything I'd change about it! Thanks so much for posting :)
This is AWESOME! I used Franks original Red Hot sauce and a bit more chicken and beans than the recipe called for. I loved it! You must love spicy foods, but there's still tons of flavor, the spice is not too overpowering. Thanks!