1/2 Photos of Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls With Blue Cheese Dip
These are simple, delicious and pefect for Super Bowl Sunday or any party! My family and friends always rave about them, sometimes I have to make an extra batch because they go so fast. You don't have to use a rotisserie chicken, but it sure cuts back on the time. If you don't like things too spicy, you can always cut back on the hot sauce and green onions.I like to use peanut oil for frying. They freeze well too. Making the dip ahead of time, then placing in fridge, allows the flavors to marry well. Bring it back to room temp to serve. This is adapted from a Food Network Show, Big Daddy's House. The chef is Aaron McCargo Jr. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 store-bought rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (recommended Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, green tops as well
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup packed blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1Have oil heated to 350 degrees F.
- 2Pick the meat from the chicken and discard the skin, then dice.Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the hot sauce, pepper, cheese, and green onions, and toss to combine. Roll the chicken into 2-ounce balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- 3Place the flour, eggs, and Panko crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- 4When the oil is hot fry the chicken balls in batches. Cook for about 2 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
- 5To make the dip, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve the chicken alongside the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls With Blue Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 653.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: