Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top if you like.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked regular long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Cook rice in water 20 minutes as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350*.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and celery; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from heat.
- Open can of tomatoes, cut up tomatoes in can.
- Stir tomatoes and wing sauce into chicken mixture.
- Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon cooked rice into dish.
- Spread chicken mixture over rice (do not stir).
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot in center.
- Drizzle dressing over top.
Awesome! I made this just a little different because I had some pre-cooked chicken from a deli roasted chicken that I needed to use. I used about 14 oz chicken, skipping the celery, and mixing the tomatoes and sauce with the already cooked chicken. Put that mix in the microwave to heat for a couple minutes (as the chicken was cold) before continuing on from step 8 down. I also doubled the rice and used a little extra blue cheese dressing ( recipe #415739 ). Thanks for sharing!
Best dish ever! I brought it to an office potluck last week and it was a huge hit.
I first saw this recipe in a magazine or check-out counter recipe booklet. I cannot find the original recipe but this one looks just like it. It is very good! Cut back on the Frank's buffalo wing sauce if you don't like it too spicy.