Recipe by tammara
I made this up from several recipes and hope you all enjoy!
Top Review by llizzielizzielouwho
DELICIOUS - I used Texas Pete "Mild" Buffalo sauce since we didn't have any "Hot Hot" in the cupboard. It had less of a kick, but still enough that you could tell it was a buffalo chicken casserole. I did also omit the carrots since they just didn't seem to "fit" the recipe to me (and I don't like them). The buffalo/stock/roux mixture does tend to splatter as it boils, so be careful! Either way, Mom and Dad loved it - definitely keeping this recipe!
- 4 cooked chicken breasts
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce, Buffalo Sauce
- 12 ounces macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup blue cheese or 1 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375, spray 9x11 pan with cooking spray.
- Saute Olive Oil, Onion, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, till softened (desired texture).
- Remove from pan.
- Make a roux, melt butter on medium high heat. Whisk in flour till mixture browns lightly, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and Franks Buffalo Sauce to the butter/flour mixture, till it boils, then take it to simmer till gravy thickens, about 2-3 minutes, whisking the entire time.
- Add chicken and vegetables to the sauce.
- Take cooked macaroni add to 9x11 pan, spread evenly. Toss in cheese, stir in evenly. Top with chicken mixture.
- Cook in oven for about 20 minutes, let set for 10 minutes -- and serve.