Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes like buffalo style chicken wings with ranch dressing and celery sticks in each bite!
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can98% fat free cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box whole wheat elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni.
- mix together with all other ingredients except colby jack cheese.
- put mixture in a 9 by 13 pan.
- top with colby jack cheese.
- bake at 350 about 20 minutes until hot through and cheese is browned.
I had to make a few minor adjustments to this recipe. First, I've never seen a can of cream of celery soup that is 14 oz. so I made up the difference by doubling the sour cream to 1 cup. I also increased the hot sauce slightly to 1/3 cup, and rather than useing canned chicken, I cut three chicken breasts into cubes and sauteed them off with a little salt and pepper, and added that to the casserole. Other than that, and baking an extra 5 minutes, I followed the recipe as written the rest of the way. I love how it packs a good bit of heat without my mouth going numb, and I like how just a normal portion made me feel full for a long time. I served this with a simple garden salad with radishes, cucumbers, tomato, and a bleu cheese dressing and croutons, and it all went down very well. This is definitely a recipe worth making again, only change I may make next time would be to use either a very mild cheese or maybe something like pepper jack cheese with the peppers in it. All in all, it is a good recipe and worth making again.