Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes like buffalo style chicken wings with ranch dressing and celery sticks in each bite!
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can98% fat free cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box whole wheat elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni.
- mix together with all other ingredients except colby jack cheese.
- put mixture in a 9 by 13 pan.
- top with colby jack cheese.
- bake at 350 about 20 minutes until hot through and cheese is browned.
I had to make a few minor adjustments to this recipe. First, I've never seen a can of cream of celery soup that is 14 oz. so I made up the difference by doubling the sour cream to 1 cup. I also increased the hot sauce slightly to 1/3 cup, and rather than useing canned chicken, I cut three chicken breasts into cubes and sauteed them off with a little salt and pepper, and added that to the casserole. Other than that, and baking an extra 5 minutes, I followed the recipe as written the rest of the way. I love how it packs a good bit of heat without my mouth going numb, and I like how just a normal portion made me feel full for a long time. I served this with a simple garden salad with radishes, cucumbers, tomato, and a bleu cheese dressing and croutons, and it all went down very well. This is definitely a recipe worth making again, only change I may make next time would be to use either a very mild cheese or maybe something like pepper jack cheese with the peppers in it. All in all, it is a good recipe and worth making again.