Recipe by KelBel
My sister made these for our Labor Day BBQ.
Top Review by CheapThrills
I had feta, but no bleu cheese, so I made without cheese, and put feta on mine. DS enjoyed them, but next time I'll use bleu in the burgers. I used fresh ground lean turkey, and I'm glad I didn't try using the 1# rolls from the freezer section; that product is what would make them mushy and wet. I grilled on a non-stick grill pan, with great results.
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup frank chicken wing sauce (or any buffalo wing sauce you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground meat with buffalo wing sauce and onion.
- Divide into 4 sections.
- Make a flat thin patty with one section.
- Place 1/8 cup blue cheese on patty and wrap burger around cheese, sealing closed, and flatten to patty shape again.
- Repeat with remaining sections.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil, basting with more sauce if desired, until cooked, 10-15 minutes depending on thickness.