I just got this in the mail and it sounded wonderful! Using ingredients that aren't commonly seen in a burger! This was in a newsletter from Good Housekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- carrot, and
- celery rib
- 1Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- 2In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, vinegar, and Worcestershire until blended.
- 3Set blue cheese sauce aside (Makes about 3/4 cup.).
- 4In medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, and cayenne pepper sauce just until blended.
- 5Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers.
- 6Spray both sides of burgers with nonstick spray.
- 7Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 12 to 14 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color throughout, turning over once.
- 8Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 170ºF.
- 9Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and some blue cheese sauce.
- 10Serve remaining blue cheese sauce with carrot and celery sticks.
- 11Pass additional cayenne pepper sauce to serve with burgers if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 933.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 38.1 g