I just got this in the mail and it sounded wonderful! Using ingredients that aren't commonly seen in a burger! This was in a newsletter from Good Housekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- carrot, and
- celery rib
- 1Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- 2In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, vinegar, and Worcestershire until blended.
- 3Set blue cheese sauce aside (Makes about 3/4 cup.).
- 4In medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, and cayenne pepper sauce just until blended.
- 5Shape mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers.
- 6Spray both sides of burgers with nonstick spray.
- 7Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 12 to 14 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color throughout, turning over once.
- 8Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 170ºF.
- 9Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and some blue cheese sauce.
- 10Serve remaining blue cheese sauce with carrot and celery sticks.
- 11Pass additional cayenne pepper sauce to serve with burgers if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 933.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 38.1 g