Recipe by Foodygirl1979
This is an all in one dinner that is delicious. My husband could't get enough of it. Be sure to use buffalo wing sauce and not just plain hot sauce. I got this recipe from a Betty Crocker Casseroles booklet. Let me know what you think!
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
Excellent! My whole family loved this casserole. The potatoes are delicious and creamy and the buffalo chicken on top adds great flavor. I used french fried onions and crushed croutons instead of the cornflakes on top because I had them in. Will definitely make again!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 6 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1 cup salad dressing (ranch or blue cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together chicken strips and buffalo wing sauce.
- In large bowl, Stir together potatoes, dressing, cheese and soup. Spoon into baking dish. Place chicken strips evenly over potato mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over chicken. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer until potatoes are tender and chcken juices run clear. Enjoy!