Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
Hold your man back!!! Meat and potatoes, what more could you want......buffalo wings? You got it! This is very simple and versatile, you could try replacing the potatoes with noodles or use blue cheese dressing instead of ranch maybe even use Ritz crackers instead of corn flakes, just a few ideas, I haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they would be tasty as well. The original is great though...try it first! Based on a recipe from www.bettycrocker.com
Top Review by summerbreeze
I actually found this recipe on Betty Crocker and we liked it so much I was going to post it for safekeeping... but what do you know, its already here! Anyways--a very good, unique casserole. I actually didn't have any type of cream of soup on hand so I just used more cheddar and used about 1/2 c milk. So I bet it was even better with a real can of soup! Oh and I used Ritz because I had that on had--very good, I totally recommend!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1⁄3 cup buffalo wing sauce, Frank's buffalo wing sauce is good, I add more cause we like it with more heat
- 6 cups frozen southern style potatoes or 6 cups obrien potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped about 3-4
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9X13 baking dish (3 quart) with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine chicken and buffalo wing sauce; set aside.
- In another bowl combine potatoes, ranch, cheese and soup; add to baking dish (in high altitude add a little water to potatoes and turn temp up to 375 degrees).
- In a single layer spread chicken mix over potato mix.
- In a small bowl combine cornflake crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle with fresh green onions and serve, if you do not like fresh green onions just put on top of chicken before adding crumbs and bake.