Recipe by iris5555
The calorie commando version. This is an adopted recipe originally submitted by Mean Chef.
Top Review by Provl8dy in training
Very tasty. I don't eat any white flour so I used hard whole wheat flour and found that I needed to add more oil. For an added spice, I dash some more hot sauce while the tenders were frying. i did not try the dipping sauce.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 chicken tenders (about 12 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 3 inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well.
- With the back of the mixing spoon, mash the blue cheese into the sour cream until almost all of the lumps are gone.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Chicken: Soak the chicken in the hot sauce in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the flour in a pie tin and season with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Remove chicken from hot sauce, shake off excess, and dredge chicken in the flour.
- Set on a baking rack.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter has stopped bubbling, add the chicken tenders and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with blue cheese dipping sauce and celery pieces.