This is probably one of the best if not the best vegetarian chilies we have had. The toppings are a must use as they add a nice layer of flavor. I loved all the flavors in this delightful chili and DH loved that it was not a hot chili. Big thanks to the kitchen treaty blog which is where this delicious chili recipes comes from.
- 4 cups cauliflower, fresh cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups cannellini beans, cooked (or 2 15-oz. cans, drained)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, canned with juice
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, canned fire-roasted
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (plus more to taste if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste if desired)
- blue cheese
- celery, diced
- red onion, diced
- sour cream
- Add all ingredients to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Taste and add additional salt, if desired.
- Serve with assorted toppings.
- Chili keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or freeze in zipper bags for up to 3 months.