Recipe by ItalianMama
Vegetarians and carnivores unite! This side-by-side creamy buffalo and blue cheese dip is perfect for crackers, chips, pretzels, fresh veggies, and more. My sister cooked up some skewers of shrimp, chicken and onions over the weekend, and we found this to be a wonderful dipping sauce for them. If you like it hot, try the spicy buffalo side, or cool off with the blue cheese side. My personal preference is to dip a pretzel right in the middle for some of each. Or you can mix the two dips completely together. If you like, use light sour cream and dressing for a healthier dip. This recipe was inspired by a Wind & Willow dip mix. Makes 2 cups.
Top Review by Susie D
Spicy, easy, and good! I served on a TV night with a tray of oven baked chicken fingers, celery sticks, strips of red peppers, baby carrots, bread sticks, and boiled red potato slices. It made for nice finger food, literally took minutes to assemble, and satisfied my blue cheese & spicy craving. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons seasoning, McCormick Original Buffalo Wings Seasoning dry mix (usually can be found next to dry gravy mixes)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make a combined dip, mix all ingredients. For separate, side-by-side dips, follow the instructions below.
- In a small bowl, mix blue cheese dressing, and half of the sour cream and mayonnaise (I just measure and mix mine in a 2-cup measuring cup to keep mess to a minimum).
- In another small bowl, mix remaining sour cream, mayonnaise and seasoning mix. This makes a slightly spicy dip, so increase or reduce the amount of seasoning according to preference.
- Spoon both dips into a serving bowl so that they are side by side. You can do this freeform, straight down the middle, swirled, or in a yin-yang pattern.