Recipe by Black Radish
These ribs step away from the usual sweet bbq'd version, and have a place in the heart of those who love buffalo wings. Serve the ribs with celery sticks & a chunky, creamy blue cheese or roquefort dressing for dipping. GO AHEAD - Dunk each rib into the dressing and follow with a bite of celery! YUM!
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 pork baby back rib racks (cleaned and fell removed)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup hot pepper sauce (Frank's Hot Red recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 cups blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- celery rib
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub with spice mixture liberally all over ribs and let sit at least 10 - 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F to cook the ribs. Tightly wrap each rack in 2 layers of tinfoil, with the seam of the foil facing up in the oven. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the rib meat has pulled back from the cut end of the bones by about 1/2 inch. They should be very tender.
- Remove the ribs form the foil and cut into individual riblets.
- Combine Franks Hot sauce & melted butter in a large bowl.
- Toss each riblet with hot sauce/butter mixture.
- Garnish blue cheese dressing with blue cheese crumbles, and serve ribs with celery sticks.