Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
The sandwiches are an awesome alternative to sloppy joes or regular old barbecue beef sandwiches. This idea has been in my head for quite some time and when I finally got around to making it, I was very happy with the result.
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) bottlesfrank's red hot buffalo wing sauce
- Combine chili sauce and 1 bottle of the buffalo wing sauce in a bowl.
- Place Chuck Roast in crock pot.
- Place onion slices over meat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder over meat.
- Pour chili / buffalo sauce mixture from step 1 over meat.
- Cook roast on low for 7-8 hours (watch level of liquid in crock pot).
- Remove the meat and shred with forks.
- Remove all but 1-2 inches of liquid from crock pot and discard.
- Add meat back into crock pot.
- Pour entire other bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce over meat.
- Put crock pot on warm.
- Serve on buns.