Recipe by peterjanet72
a combination of many recipes and experimentation that finally resulted in a great chicken wing recipe
Top Review by NewEnglandCook
Just evil and delish. Easy to make. Not heart healthy, but so what. We don't eat these that offen.
Much of the breading came off when turning, and also sticked to the oiled foil.
I also added salt, as I thought it queer that the recipe did not call for any.
Thanks for posting. A wonderful recipe.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce, for marinade
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings at joints dicarding tips then place wings in plastic bag with 1/2 cup of hot sauce mix together and set aside to marinate 2 hr.s minimum.
- Pour milk in a bowl. mix remaining "Breading" ingredients together in another bowl. Take wing pieces from marinade and coat with breading mixture then dip in milk and coat again with breading mixture. Place wings on greased cookie sheet bake for 40 min.s at 400f turning once during cooking time.
- In a saucepan mix sauce ingredients together and heat to melt butter. Once wings are cooked brush sauce over wings and serve with french fries,garlic bread, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and blue cheese dipping sauce.