Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was watching Good Eats the other night when Alton mentioned smoothies. Of course my ears perked up since I love smoothies, but I've never really found a recipe that sounded good or didn't use yogurt. This one is an antioxidant packed, just plain good for you recipe and super simple. By the way, Alton looks great now...he mentioned shedding 50 lbs with the help of this smoothie for breakfast.
- 4 ounces soymilk
- 4 ounces acai juice, grape juice or 4 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 ounces frozen strawberries
- 4 ounces frozen blueberries
- 4 ounces frozen peaches
- 1. Combine the soy milk, juice, and fruit in a blender. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 8 hours.
- 2. In the morning or when fruit is thawed, blend fruit on lowest speed and slowly increase to medium speed.
- 3. Once medium speed is reached, blend for one minute.
- 4. Serve.
- Note: I just copied this from the foodnetwork site but gave this my own flair. I used lactose free milk but don't see why one couldn't use regular, and used black currant juice. I also added some mango and papaya, sort of omitting the peaches almost all together. You can also use blackberries or any type of dark colored berry to get the addition of the antioxidants, but I can imagine this would taste good with any fruit. If you can't find a certain type of fruit in the frozen section, just buy it fresh, cut it up or wash it, then freeze in a plastic bag.