Recipe by PaulaG
A wonderful sandwich for a crowd. Recipe comes from the living section of my local newspaper.
Top Review by CraftScout
This was delish. I used Recipe #307546 for the bread, and it went very well with this. The chewy sweet raisins in the bread complemented the chewy sun dried tomatoes, and gooey goodness of the brie, and the bite of the basil . . . oh, this was GOOD. :) I don't have a panini press, so I cut mine in half (so it would fit in my big non-stick skillet) and fried it with my heaviest pan on top to flatten it. Perfect! Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 1 loaf challah, rich bread or 1 loaf other soft rich bread
- 8 ounces brie cheese, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 bunch fresh basil, trimmed, leaves only
- 20 -30 slices of oven-roasted tomatoes or 20 -30 slices sun-dried tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the bread in half lengthwise and place a layer of brie on top of the bottom half of the loaf.
- Top with a layer of tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Replace the top layer of bread and brush with butter.
- Press the sandwich into a panini grill and grill until toasted.
- Cut into serving pieces, can be served hot or cold.