Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Rach's pal Daisy Martinez assembles an exotic salad that gets its kick from a can." Recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine. I LOVE this recipe!!! I did switch up the dressing a bit by using 2 T oil, 2 T lime juice and 2T orange juice which was perfect for us.
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- On a platter, arrange the hearts of palm, tomato and avocado in a single, overlapping layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
I bought a lot of cans of hearts of palm after having a salad at a friend's dinner party - silly me, I forgot how much I love them. I made this salad this week and followed your advice, JanuaryBride, I used 2 tablespoons each of oil, lemon (didn't have lime on hand) juice and orange juice. This was so excellent! And I loved how it did not need to marinate to develop the flavor. I loved it so much I ate the entire thing myself in one sitting! Easy and delicious, JanuaryBride, thank you for posting this terrific recipe!
This was a delicious, tangy and very fresh-tasting salad. Finally got to use my can of hearts of palm. Thanks.
Lovely fresh salad. The lime juice really made it zing. I didn't follow directions very well, I chunked everything instead of slicing, oh well, it still tasted delish and was enjoyed at company dinner this evening. Made for ZWT7, for the Shady Ladies.