- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 12 ounces Budweiser beer or 12 ounces another good lager beer
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the Budweiser to the Wild Rice in a 1 quart sauce pan, bring to a quick boil, cover and lower the heat to the minimum.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the Olive Oil to a hot frying pan, and brown the Sausage.
- When it is nearly cooked, add the Onions and Mushrooms and continue to cook until the Onions are transparent.
- Pour the Wild Rice into the pan, followed by the Black Pepper and stir.