Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried these but it seems like a very interesting recipe. I got this from the Budweiser site.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Budweiser beer, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks with a fork.
- Stir in beer, milk and butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Turn when batter rises and entire surface is dotted with holes.
Sounds weird but tastes really good..made with some flat beer I had in the fridge...better than wasting it!
These are very good pancakes, and what a great way to use leftover beers.
I love the way these pancakes taste! They rise so nice and thick! You can pile on the butter and syrup! Reminds me of eating breakfast at grandmas house in the early 1960s. Good food. Real Food. You dont taste the beer, and of course the alcohol is burned off during the cooking process. So its safe for kids.