Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Christmas favourite that my dad made.
- 2 cups nuts, almond,pecans,cashews,peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toss nuts in oil.
- Blend spices and sprinkle over nuts.
- Spread on baking dish.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
These were made for a bake salej fund raising for a local charity. I really enjoyed them not too spicey for the masses.Thanks for posting. Hubby said he will be the next charity.
UPDATE: 4-23-10. I came back to change this to a 5 star. The nuts got better and better the longer they sat in a bowl. I like this mixture for a change. Yummy. 4-21-10: This was a different taste for me. Almost sweet, I guess that's the cinnamon. I like it spicier so I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Really nice and interesting blend of spices. I did use garlic granules and add one teaspoon of salt to mix.