Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Low carb, sweet and tangy. Bud has worked on this recipe for quite awhile to acquire the taste our family enjoys. We're always trying to keep our recipes as low carb as possible. We hope you try it and enjoy it, too.
- 1 medium red onion, fine dice
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can no-sugar-added tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-sugar-added tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (1 tea.jarred)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring often.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for 40 minutes, stirring often, until thick.