Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to make custard, it can be eaten as is, or used as a filling for cakes or cookies, or along-side a slice of pound cake, or genoise. This is an untried recipe submitted for ZWT4.
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate, grated
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, more if needed
- Cream the ricotta, add the chocolateand nuts and blend thoroughly, add cream as needed for desire consistency. Serve in small glasses.
- I would be tempted to try a darker chocolate and to add a little Amaretto or walnut liquor.
I added some icing sugar just to sweeten this up a tab and served it with cake. Tasted yummy and looked pretty too.
As I don't care for ricotta cheese, I'm going to have to go with my nephew's take on this. "Liked it!" Thnx for sharing your recipe, momaphet. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.