Recipe by Kitchen Witch Myrkr
Well, we all don't have that much time or that much money, so, this will have to do! A great quick sandwich that I have eaten... a lot. I suggest putting the extra tuna mix into your fridge.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was a good basic recipe but it needed a lot more mayo for us. I didn't measure the mayo after the 4 tablespoons that the recipe called for it, I just spooned it in. I also used onion powder instead of onion salt as I don't buy onion salt.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 8 slices bread (seeded rye preferred)
- 8 lettuce leaves (iceberg preferred, crunchy texture preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open tuna cans.
- Drain the liquid from the tuna cans.
- Put the tuna together in a container.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- Add the celery salt.
- Add the onion salt.
- Toast 2 slices of bread.
- While the bread is toasting, mix the ingredients together. Make sure that the tuna is broken down as much as possible.
- Wash the lettuce leaves.
- Spread the tuna-mayo mix onto both slices of bread.
- Put one lettuce leaf atop each slice of bread.
- Put the two piece of bread together.
- Eat up!
- Repeat as necessary to make more sandwiches.