Recipe by MakeDollarHoller
This recipe makes the gravy from the seasoning packet included in the Rice-a-Roni, so there's no additional expense for the gravy. Got to make a dollar holler! :)
Top Review by Bobbie
I'm not going to select any stars. This recipe did not work for me. It is very puzzling because I see that Chef Shapeweaver thoroughly enjoyed it. I keep thinking the meat/pasta/rice mixture needs more liquid that just the one egg. Our meatballs turned out extremely dry and "gummy". I hope others will try this -- I would very interested in knowing what their experience was. Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) packagebeef Rice-A-Roni
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch in 3 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set seasoning mix aside.
- Combine the rice mix and the egg.
- Add the raw beef in a large bowl and mix together with your hands.
- Roll into meatballs (about an inch and a half).
- In a large skillet, brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Meanwhile, mix the seasoning packet and boiling water.
- Pour over the meatballs and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch/water mixture into the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes.