Placing here for safekeeping. Prep time is for making the pantry mix. Cooking time is for making dinner servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
rice and vermicelli mix
- 5 cups white rice (not instant)
- 5 cups vermicelli (pasta, broken into 3/4 - 1 inch pieces approximately)
- 1/2 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
To make 4-6 Servings (1 cup mix plus)
- 1In a large airtight container combine rice, vermicelli, onion flakes and parsley. Store in the pantry to use as needed.
- 2To make 4-6 Servings:.
- 3In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid melt 2 tablespoons Butter.
- 4Add 1 cup of the rice/vermicelli mixture and saute over medium-high heat until vermicelli is browned. Increase heat to high and immediately add broth and water. Bring to boil. (Note: You can also heat broth and water to a boil before adding to rice/vermicelli mixture if desired.)
- 5Reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Do not lift lid.
- 6Remove from heat. Fluff with fork. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Budget Rice-A-Roni
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: