Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Ramen is a college student's best friend. But what to do with it when you're tired of soup? Look to another best friend- pizza! Here is a pasta salad with the same ingredients you'd find on your favorite pizza- pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, and of course, cheese! This is best served shortly after it's made- but who wants to wait anyway!
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1 ounce pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/4 inch chunks
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine salad dressing mix and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add mayonaise, vinegar, and oregano, and whisk to combine.
- Discard flavor packet from ramen noodles. Cook in boiling water for two minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain noodles well, and toss with dressing.
- Using a clean pair of kitchen shears, cut noodles into shorter pieces in the bowl.
- Add pepperoni, olives, cheeses, bell pepper, onion, and pepper flakes.
- Toss well to coat all ingredients with dressing.
- Taste, and add salt, pepper, or more oregano as needed.
- Transfer to 2 serving bowls and serve.
My foster daughter had to come up with a Ramen noodle recipe for a home ec project and we used this one.. she got an A
This was really good! I made a couple slight changes, in the spirit of the Dining on a $ Contest, to save $$ and use things I had on hand. I had 1/2 a portobello mushroom so used that instead of the bell pepper, salami instead of pepperoni, and Monterey jack cheese instead of mozzarella. I had some homemade Italian dressing mix on hand so used that and didn't use the whole can of olives (seemed like too much to me). Thanks so much for the recipe - I will definitely make it again!
This is really tasty! I liked the Italian dressing for this pasta salad, it had great flavor! I could see making this with any type pasta, not just ramen noodles! I will make this recipe combo again, thanks!!!!