Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
With the economic situation in such shambles, & prices rising at the grocery store budget friendly meals are a must. I created this dish because I wanted something healthy, flavorful, quick and easy.
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding the frozen broccoli to the pot the last three minutes of cooking time. Drain
- While pasta is cooking, pour olive oil into a lg. skillet and heat at medium high.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour chicken broth and tomato sauce into skillet over chicken.
- Add the garlic, Greek seasoning, salt, dried basil and pepper flakes to the chicken mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once chicken is fully cooked remove the skillet from the heat, add the pasta and broccoli to the chicken and stir well.
My family didn't care for it. Very bland. Won't make it again.
I turned this into a completely cosmopolitan meal :) Used chinese chilli/garlic paste, didnt have greek herbs, used italian with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Used chicken tenderloins, and doubled the meat and sauce. This made the sauce a little runny, so I thickened it with corn flour/starch. The flavours are so good!!!!!!!!!! My daughter loved the mellow falavor of the broccoli and pasta. I am in the states visiting her, and she asked me to please make some up to freeze :) that means it is a real goer :) thanks Buggsy
Aussie Swap 30: Tris - this was a hearty and delicious meal!! I like how easy and quick it was to prepare and then toss together to serve!!