Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
With the economic situation in such shambles, & prices rising at the grocery store budget friendly meals are a must. I created this dish because I wanted something healthy, flavorful, quick and easy.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb frozen broccoli
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding the frozen broccoli to the pot the last three minutes of cooking time. Drain
- While pasta is cooking, pour olive oil into a lg. skillet and heat at medium high.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour chicken broth and tomato sauce into skillet over chicken.
- Add the garlic, Greek seasoning, salt, dried basil and pepper flakes to the chicken mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once chicken is fully cooked remove the skillet from the heat, add the pasta and broccoli to the chicken and stir well.