Recipe by HappyWife313
Thought the idea of using chicken drumsticks rather than a whole chicken was great, since they are cheap. Plus, the ingredients are usually items I already have in my pantry. It's my budget-friendly, easy to make chicken noodle soup :-)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 4 celery ribs (sliced)
- 5 -6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces spaghetti (cut in half)
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in olive oil for about 10 minutes. Add some salt and pepper.
- Add 6-8 cups of water (more or less depending on if you want a thick soup or not).
- Add drumsticks and bay leaf. Bring to boil, then cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove drumsticks and shred meat. Place back into pot and bring to boil.
- Add pasta of choice - cook until done. If broth isn't strong enough for you, add bullion cubes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy :-).
- (Need to run? Skip the sauteing, skip the defrosting, and just throw everything but the pasta into a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours. Take chicken out, shred, add chicken & pasta, cook on high 15 more minutes and enjoy).