Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My mom use to make this when I was younger. It is fast, easy and cheap to make.
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 small green pepper
- 4 -5 fresh mushrooms
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can flakes ham or 1 can turkey
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- Dice and saute veggies in a small amount of oil in a small frying pan.
- In a medium size saucepan bring mushroom soup and one can of water to a boil.
- Remove from heat imediately and using the soup can add two cans of minute rice to soup and water mixture.
- Stir well and cover.
- Let stand approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a glass casserole dish flake (mash) the flakes of ham.
- Add veggies at this time to casserole dish.
- Add soup and rice mixture to casserole dish after time has elapsed.
- Stir everything together and microwave for 8 minutes on high.
Great! Not only is this going to be easy for me to sub with my diet, but it does sound simple and good. :) Can't wait to try it.
My whole family WOLFED this down, even the baby. It was so good and absolutely PERFECT for your next "potluck" dish!