Recipe by Satyne
http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/05/italian-wonderpot/ Budget Bytes is a website where the author creates, prepares and then photographs her recipes, all made for a cost of under $10 (in USA at least). She includes beautiful pictures and step by step instructions, the link the this recipe is above. I am adopting it to share the love, but I do encourage you to check out her website for MANY more amazing ideas. This recipe should be approx $6.50 to make, cheaper if you already have items or they are on special.
Top Review by nethope
I love this wonderpot. Even tastier, though, is Budget Bytes' Spinach and Artichoke Wonderpot! http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/10/spinach-artichoke-wonderpot/ Just as quick and simple, still only one pot, and a uniquely delicious flavor!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add four cups of vegetable broth to a large pot. Break the fettuccine in half to make stirring easier later, and then add it to the pot. Also add the canned tomatoes (undrained), olive oil, frozen spinach, onion (thinly sliced), garlic (thinly sliced), basil, oregano, red pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Make sure the ingredients are submerged under the liquid, place a lid on top of the pot, and then turn the heat on to high. Allow the pot to come up to a full, rolling boil over high heat then remove the lid and turn the heat down to medium.
- Allow the pot to continue to boil over medium heat, without a lid, for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir the pot every few minutes as it cooks to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, but avoid over stirring which can cause the pasta to become sticky and mushy. The pot must be boiling the entire time.
- After the pasta is cooked, crumble the feta cheese over top and serve.