http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/08/spicy-noodles/ Budget Bytes is a website where the author creates, prepares and then photographs her recipes, all made for a cost of under $10 (in USA at least). She includes beautiful pictures and step by step instructions, the link the this recipe is above. I am adopting it to share the love, but I do encourage you to check out her website for MANY more amazing ideas. This recipe should be approx $2 to make, cheaper if you already have items or they are on special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin to boil water for the noodles. Once the water reaches a full boil, add the noodles and cook according to the package directions (boil for 5-7 minutes).
- 2While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha.
- 3In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the red pepper to the butter as it melts. Whisk an egg in a bowl and then add to the melted butter. Stir gently and cook through. Once the egg is done cooking, turn off the heat.
- 4When the noodles are tender, drain the water and then add them to the skillet with the cooked egg. Also add the prepared sauce. Turn the heat on to low to evaporate excess moisture, and stir until everything is coated well with the sauce. Sprinkle the sliced green and cilantro leaves (whole) on top and serve!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Budget Bytes' Dragon Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.5 mg
- Sodium 894.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: